Located in Delhi, India, we are actively functioning as an eminent Manufacturer, Exporter and Supplier of Trichloroethylene all over the nation and overseas. The Trichloroethylene (TCE) can be obtained from us in safe and leak proof drums. Buyers can place even the bulk orders of Trichloroethylene with us and we will definitely deliver the same on time.
More about Trichloroethylene :
The chemical compound TCE is a chlorinated hydrocarbon commonly used as an industrial solvent. It is a clear non-flammable liquid with a sweet smell.
TCE is an effective solvent for a variety of organic compounds. It was first widely produced in the 1920s. TCE's major use is to extract vegetable oils from plant materials such as soy, coconut, and palm. Other uses in the food industry included coffee decaffeination and the preparation of flavoring extracts from hops and spices.
Trichloroethylene Advantages :
- It is a huge advantage of TCE's that it has a high boiling point (87oC) i.e. it does not burn easily. It is especially valuable because of its cleaning properties, low flammability and lack of measurable flash point.
- TCE's is also used as chemical process intermediate in PVC production as a molecular weight control agent.
- High-purity grades of TCE's are used as feedstock in the synthesis of refrigerant hydro fluorocarbon. In this process, TCE's compound is destroyed to form new fluorinated compound.
- Among the properties that have contributed to trichloroethylene’s wide acceptance as a metal cleaner and degreaser are the following :
- High solvency
- Low flammability
- High stability
- Low specific heat
- Low boiling point
- Low latent heat of vaporization
- TCE's is used as a solvent in some nonflammable adhesive and aerosol formulations, and as a low temperature heat-transfer medium.
- However, it should be strictly noted that trichloroethylene (TCE) is highly dangerous and toxic if swallowed or inhaled and can affect heart, liver, nervous system, and kidneys. It also causes severe skin irritation and irritation to eyes and respiratory tract (May Cause Cancer).
Specifications for Trichloroethylene :
- Molecular Formula C2HCl3
- Mol Wt 131.4
- CAS # [79-01-6]
- Description Clear colourless liquid
- Sp Gravity at 25/25oC 1.454 – 1.457
- Purity (%) 99 min
- Colour (APHA) 25 max
- Moisture (%) Report
- Nonvolatile Residue (ppm) Report
- Distillation range (in deg cel) 87 ± 1
- Industry Application
- Food Industry Extraction of oil from soya seeds, coconut and palm
- Extraction of coffee from beans
- Paint Paint stripper and spot remover
- Medical Anaesthetic
- Semiconductor Oxidation of wafers
- Electroplating Cold-cleaning and vapour degreasing solvent
- Steel As solvent in mfr of steel
- Paper and Pulp As solvent in de-inking
- Rubber As solvent in rubber mfr